Do you want to share your experience and thoughts with people on the internet? The blog can be the best option for you. What do you need to start a WordPress blog?
- A relevant domain name of your blog (this will be your website URL i.e http://www.searchmarketingweb.com/)
- A website hosting account to keep the website on the internet.
How to Install WordPress
If you have Godaddy website hosting then you can install WordPress blog from cPanel of the website, what you need to do is:
- Login your Godaddy account
- Click on manage button at Web Hosting section below:
- Then click on cPanel button below:
- Then scroll down to the website options and click on the WordPress Blog icon.
- Click on the Install this application option:
- Select the website URL and path to install your WP blog:
Select your WordPress Theme for your Blog
Now you have to select WP blog theme to design your blog, you can find free WordPress blog theme online and choose as per your requirement. Some of them are free, while others are paid.
You can install your blog theme by going to your WordPress dashboard and clicking on Appearance » Themes.
You can upload your new theme from here and active and customize, there is an option to customize the Themes option.
Creating Your First Blog Post
Once you have done with customization, you can create your first post by clicking on Add New Post in the section of Post:
Once you’re done with writing, select categories and add tags for your post and click on the Publish button on the right to publish your post.
Optimize for Search Engines to Rank on the Top
Search engine optimization is the process of promoting your blog on search engines for particular keywords and phrases. You need to install few SEO WP plugins:
Install Yoast SEO and activate its functions:
- Google Search Console
- Website type
- Company or personal
- Set your “Posts” and “Pages” to visible and “Media” to hidden
- Title Settings
- Post Page URL settings or permalinks
- XML Sitemap
Install WP Post Social Sharing Plugin.
Install Google AdSense for affiliate marketing.